Lily & Cane bringing the romance back to daytime...

Monday, May 19, 2008

Written Feb. 9th - Mar. 26th '08 Part Three

The Press Junket!!

Lily took a deep breath. God she was nervous. Her stomach rumbled. God she was hungry. Lily pushed the thought of food out of her mind - she would get back to eating regularly after the round of photo shoots over the next few weeks. Lily found herself thinking about the biggest of the shoots - the one for Jack and Nick's new internet magazine. Her stomach knots twisted just a little bit more - she had to look her best for that one especially. This all meant so much to her. Getting back to the present she needed to focus to get through this meeting with the press. Lily was brought out of her thoughts by a set of strong arms that wrapped around her...

"Your going to be great." Canes deep voice rumbled in her ear. "And I will be right here cheering you on."

Lily smiled and turned to greet Cane. "I hope your right. I am really nervous. I have never had to deal with so many people asking me all sorts of questions before." Lily took a deep breath and let it out in a woosh.

Cane looked down at Lily and said, "You are a beautiful, intelligent, wonderful woman and they are all going to love you. If I know you at all you are going to have them eating out of the palm of your hand in a matter of moments."

Carefull not to mess up her make-up Lily placed the softest of kisses on Cane's lips. Pulling back she said, "thanks you. Thank you for believing in me. I can do this now."

Cane placed a lingering kiss under her cheekbone. "Go get 'em Tiger-Lily," he whispered close to her ear.

Just then Chloe came up and grabbed Lily by the arm. "Lily! We really don't have time for all this 'lovey-dovey' stuff you know, come on your people are waiting." Lily smiled apollagetically at Cane and allowed Chloe to take her over to the awaiting press...

Cane watched from the sidelines. His mother came over to join him. Cane glanced over at Jill, then back to Lily. "Beautiful, isn't she Mum."

"She certainly is. Lily was a perfect choice as one of our 'Fresh Faces'. From what I have observed Chloe seems to have really taken Lily under her wing, really showing her the ropes," Jill said as she continued to watch the contestants field questions from the press.

"I don't know Mum. There is something off about Chloe, I just can't put my finger on it yet and I don't like the way she talks to Lily sometimes."

"Honey, Chloe is just doing her job. I am sure it is just your over protective nature where Lily is concerned." Jill smiled and linked her arm with his and said, "besides Lily is a grown woman Cane and I am sure she knows how to stand up for herself."

Cane turned back toward the press confrence and continued to watch Lily handle the many questions that came at her like a pro. "I hope your right, Mum." But he continued to think he wasn't so sure...

The Coffee House, A Week Later!!

It was lunch time and Colleen spoted Lily on the patio, a stack of books infront of her. She seemed lost in thought. As Colleen observed further, Lily looked tired - she looked skinnier too. Colleen was concerned...

Colleen approached the table and sat in the chair across from Lily. "Hey," she said.

Startled, Lily looked up from her book. "Oh, hey Colleen. Sorry I was just trying to catch up on some homework before heading back to class. I won't have time after school today because I have to head over to Jabot for another fitting with Chloe. How are you?"

"I'm good." Colleen continued to watch Lily becoming more concerned she said, "are you sure all this isn't getting to be to much for you? You look a little tired. Have you um...lost some weight too?"

Lily looked down at herself and said, "I don't know maybe a pound or two. I have been really busy and Chloe has me working out with a trainer everyday so I have to get up early for that to get it done before school so that probably explains why I look tired. But it's nothing a little make-up won't cover up, right?" Lily said with a self-concious smile.

"Right, I guess." Deciding to change the subject Colleen continued, "How are things with Cane? Are you loving the privacy of having your own place?"

Finally a light coming to Lily's eyes that had been absent until this point. A soft blush lining her cheekbones. Lily gushed, "oh, Colleen it is wonderful. I couldn't be happier where Cane is concerned."

"That's great Lily, I am so happy for you guys. Everytime I catch him looking at you, I can really see how much he loves you," Colleen said relaxing a bit.

"I really love him too. I have honestly never felt this way before. How are things with you and Adrian?"

"They're really good, I have nothing to complain about." The girls shared a laugh.

Lily looked at her watch and said, "Gosh, Colleen I really wish I could stay and chat more but I really have to head back to class. You and Adrian will have to come over for dinner soon. I would love to show you our new place," Lily said as she started to gather up her belongings.

"That would be great. Talk to you later. Oh and Lily try to get a little more rest and maybe grab something to eat," Colleen said concern once again returning to her voice.

"I'll try, sorry to rush but I gotta go. Bye." And with that Lily left by the back door.

Colleen watched her go thinking that her clothes were a lot looser than before and even though it was lunch Colleen noticed that Lily hadn't had anything besides a bottle of water with her. Her concern grew...

Just then Cane walked into the patio. "Hey, Colleen. Is Lily here?"

"Hi Cane. No sorry you just missed her."

Cane detected something in her voice so he asked, "is everything ok?"

"I don't know Cane. Have you noticed anything different about Lily?"

"What do you mean?"

"Maybe it's just me or maybe it's nothing but it looks like Lily has lost some weight and I am a little worried about her, like all this might be to much for her," Colleen said with worry.

"To be honest I am a little worried to. I thought it was just me and I was being overly worried but if your noticing something too... I am going to have to talk to her." Cane ran his hand through his hair and rubbed it over his face he sighed and continued, "I'm just not sure how. I mean I don't want to come off as overbearing or something," Cane said worry lining his face.

Colleen seeing Canes concern placed her hand on his arm and said, "don't worry we'll figure something out."

They sat there together for a while, both lost in thought...

The Dinner Party, All Are Invited!!

Lily fussed around the table. Thankfully she only had to worry about the decore. She didn't know what she would do if she had to try and cook for everyone too. Lord knows she couldn't cook worth a lick. Lily was working on that but no way was she up to cooking for the most important people in her life yet. Cane should be back anytime with a pick up order from Gina.
Standing back and looking the dining table over she thought - perfect. Lily went to check herself out in the mirror in the foyer...

Lily thought she looked fantastic. She was in her smallest size yet and the chic black blouse and matching pencil skirt fit her like a glove. She had twisted her hair up, light make-up on, her locket (of course) and a funky bracelet she had picked up at Fenmores the other day. She did a little turn - so what if some people thought she was too skinny - the camera loved it and there was no such thing as too skinny in the modeling biz...

The key turned in the lock and in walked Cane, struggling with a few take out bags...

"Here, let me help you sweetie," Lily said as she grabbed a bag and lightly kissed his lips.

Cane looked Lily over. He wanted to talk to her about how slender she had gotten but he didn't want to upset her before there guests had arrived. So all he said was, "do you know how special you are to me?"

They walked over to the kitchen counter and placed the bags on it. "I am pretty sure I do," Lily said with a soft smile.

Lily turned and walked into his embrace. Cane wrapped his arms around her and froze. Through her blouse he could feel her shoulder blades and he didn't think he would have to try very hard to count her ribs. God it was worse than he thought.

Lily pulled back and said," is something wrong?"

Cane dragged himself from his thoughts and said, "um... no nothing. I was just thinking how I should go and freshen up before our guests arrive but I was having a hard time dragging myself away from you." Lily smiled and Cane leaned down for the tenderest of kisses, pouring all his love and concern for her into it. "Have I told you how much I love you today?"

Lily pretended to think really hard about that. "Hmm... let me see, yes I think you have. In fact I think you tell me...and show me every chance you get."

"I do you know. I care about you so much, Lily."

Lily sensed there was more to this but she didn't want to think about it right then. So instead she said, "I love you too. Now you better move it or you're still going to be standing here in your work clothes when our guests arrive."

"Alright, I'm going." Cane started walking towards the bedroom when he remembered and turned to say, "by the way Katherine sends her regrets but she won't be able to make it she is feeling a little tired. But she promises to come by really soon."

"Oh, ok that is to bad. I hope she isn't sick or anything."

"No, I don't think so just a little run down is what she said." And with that Cane went off to get ready.

Lily turned back to the counter and started unpacking and organizing the food. She also uncorked a bottle of wine to let it breath. She placed some starters on the coffee table and went back to the kitchen to grab herself a seltzer with a twist and a beer out of the fridge for Cane.

Cane came out of the bedroom looking as handsome as ever. Lily handed him his beer and they clinked glasses. "To our first successful dinner party," she said.

"Cheers," returned Cane.

The doorbell rang, the first of there guests had arrived...

The Dinner Party Continued...!!

Everyone had arrived. Neil and Karen, Devon and Roxanne, Colleen and Adrian and Jill.

Lily, Colleen, Adrian and Roxanne were gabbing away in the kitchen area. Jill was enjoying getting to know Karen.

Cane, Neil and Devon were deep in conversation...

"Cane, what is going on with Lily? I was going to ask her myself, but I haven't gotten her alone yet. She looks so unhealthy," Neil said with concern lacing his voice.

"Please Neil, please don't say anything to her yet. I was going to talk to her myself after everyone left. Believe me your not the only one who has noticed. I am really worried about her."

Devon chimed in, "I think this has something to do with the pressure that Chloe girl has been putting on her. I have heard her comment on Lilys' non-existent weight problem a couple of times. There is something about her that I don't like."

"I know what you mean Devon but my Mother insists that she is the best at her job and knows what she is talking about."

"Well I don't like her and I wouldn't trust her if I were you."

"Cane, you promised me that you would protect my daughter. I plan to hold you to that and I hope that you are not going to let this get any further out of hand."

"Yes sir, as I told you before I would do anything for your daughter and I have no intention of breaking that promise."

Mean while over in the kitchen...

"This is a great place Lily," Adrian said.

"Yeah I second that," Colleen said with a laugh.

"Well then I third it," said Roxanne and they all shared a laugh.

Lily looked over at the intense conversation going on between Cane, Devon and her Dad. "I wonder what they are talking about. I hope Dad isn't giving Cane to hard a time."

"I'm sure they're fine just guy talking probably about sports or something," Colleen replied.

"Well maybe I should go join them, afterall nothing like a little male bonding to get the testosterone flowing," joked Adrian."Don't be silly," Colleen replied as she nudged his shoulder.

"Well I am going to check on them anyway. Besides it's time to sit down for dinner," and with that Lily went over to join them...

Roxanne turned to Colleen and said, "is it just me or has Lily..."

Colleen jumped in and said, "no it isn't just you - we have all noticed and we are all worried. What I don't know is what we are going to do about it yet."

Lily stopped by Karen and Jill to tell them that if they would like they could go ahead and have a seat at the table.

Jill said, "sorry again that Katherine couldn't make it."

"Yes Cane had told me that she was feeling tired. It's to bad her pressence will be missed."

"Next time I'm sure," and Jill got up and with Karen headed to the table.

Lily smiled at Karen then turned to join the guys...

Lily put her arm around Canes' waste. Cane put his protectively around her shoulders. And Lily said, "I hope I am not interupting any guy talk. The men shared a look but said nothing, Lily sensing that she had interupted something continued, "I hope that you are hungry because it is time to eat."

Everyone sat down at the table. There were raves all around for Gina's cooking and jokes all around that it wasn't Lily's. Everyone also noticed how little Lily consumed and how much she just pushed her food around on her plate. But with a pleading look from Cane no one said anything...

After the Party A Storm Starting to Brew!!

Lily and Cane had finally cleaned up after everyone had left, both tired they decided to get ready for bed...

"I think that went pretty well, for our first dinner party. Don't you think?" Lily asked Cane. She was sitting at the vanity brushing out her hair, wrapped in a robe.

Cane distracted said, "what? Oh...uh...yeah it went really great." Taking a deep breath he continued, "Lily, I think we need to talk..." He looked stricken...

Lily turned to face him, she caught his gaze and then quickly looked away. "Can it wait until morning? It's just been a really long day and I am very tired." Lily got up and headed over to the bed pulling back the covers she got in.

Cane knew she was avoiding him. He finished undressing and joined her in bed. Cane pulled on her shoulder forcing Lily to turn and face him. Gazing down at her, he wouldn't let it drop. "Lily, please listen to me. I'm worried about you, your friends and family are worried about you. We have all noticed how thin you have gotten. Are you sure this is worth it? Worth hurting yourself? Hurting me...?"

Lily sat up on her elbows, she was angry. "what are you implying Cane? Are you saying that I have some sort of eating disorder? Is that what everyone is saying? Because I don't Cane. Now I would really like to drop this subject as I said before I am tired." And with that Lily turned back on her side facing away from Cane.

Cane leaned over her, he placed his hand on her arm and said low in her ear, "this isn't over yet Lily. I will drop it for now at your request but don't think that I am finished talking about this yet. I love you too much to ever do that." And with that he to turned over and turned out the light. It was a long time before either of them got any sleep...

The next morning...

Cane stirred, he heard a noise but his sleep filled mind didn't register it yet. He reached across the bed for Lily only to find it empty with the next sound he became fully awake. It sounded like Lily was sick in the bathroom. Cane jumped out of the bed and rushed to the bathroom.

Throwing open the door he found Lily bent over the toilet, her face flushed a guilty look upon it. Cane was furious. "You don't have a problem, huh? How could you, Lily? How could you say there was nothing wrong? When on the contrary this shows me that there is something seriously wrong. I need to get out of here, I'm going to head into work. I'll leave you to your non-existent problem."

"Cane I..." But that is all she got out before he closed the door. Her stomach was rolling - it must have been something she ate last night. How could Cane assume that she would force herself to be sick. She rested her head on her arms and mumbled to herself, "because of that conversation you had last night you fool."

Lily managed to get up and splash her face with water, she looked at her reflection with a groan. And by the time she was able to leave the bathroom to tell Cane that she thought she was sick - it was to late, he was already gone...

1 comment:

Katie said...

I have love Cane and Lily from the beginning on Y&R and you are making me fall in love w/them all over again.