Lily & Cane bringing the romance back to daytime...

Friday, September 26, 2008

Written Sept 19th - Dec. 23rd 08 (Parts 6 - 10)

A Moment in Time!!

Part Six!!

Billy knocked on the door and waited. He cast a glance up and around the outside of the house and the more he thought about it the more he liked being back in Genoa City. The door opened...

"Well, well, well. What an unexpected but very pleasant surprise. Welcome home Billy." Jack said as he embraced his brother warmly.

"Billy!"

"Oh, how wonderful."

Billy stepped in to the entry way to find his sisters Ashley and Tracey standing in the parlor. "What is this, some sort of family reunion that I stumbled upon?"

Jack placed a hand upon Billy's back and ushered him in. "Actually it's a family business meeting. I thought you were still abroad or I would have called you but I am actually really glad that you are here."

"Oh?" He asked as he greeted Ashley and Tracey each with a warm kiss on the cheek. "And why is that Jack?"

"Well as I was just explaining to your sisters, I think it's time we put Jabot back in it's rightful place - with us."

"And I was just reminding Jack that he can't have anything to do with the ownership of Jabot." Ashely said interjecting.

"You're right Ash. Technically I can't hold any Jabot shares but I can hold your proxy. With my plan we can regain Jabot. Don't you realize how devastated Dad would be if he were here to see the state of the company he started?"

"He would be heartbroken," agreed Tracey. "But if you want us to help you, you are going to have to tell us in greater detail what you have planned."

"Yes, Jack. You created a mess when you held Jabot through Ji Min. If I am to agree with this I will need more details. For instance who else is involved with this because I know you have something or someone up your sleeve." Ashley said as she stared at Jack intently.

Jack conceded. "There is someone else involved but I don't want to tell you - not yet. You just have to trust me and trust that I will do right by you." Jack looked at Billy for a moment as an idea started to take shape he said, "would it make you feel anymore at ease if we had someone we could trust on the inside?"

"Possibly but it depends on who that is."

Billy caught Jack's eye and he sat up straighter. With a hand to his chest he asked, "me? You want me to go and work for my half brother?"

"Yes Billy. Yes I do. So you've met Cane Ashby have you?"

The image of Cane sitting so comfortably behind the CEO's desk flashed in his mind. He felt the resentment of seeing him there bubble under the surface. "Uh, yes. I met him yesterday."

"And?"

"I don't care if he is my brother he has no place running Jabot." Billy was decided, he was staying in Genoa City. "You want me to be your inside man? You got it."

Later...

Billy knocked on another door. This time it was Cane's. His brother had given him his home address and Billy thought there was no time like the present to pay him a visit and set things in motion. Except it wasn't Cane who answered the door...

Chloe stood frozen in the doorway. Her complexion pale as she fought to control the sudden onslaught of nausea. "Liam?!"

Billy too was starring at a girl that he had had a fling with a couple of months ago in LA. He stepped back and looked at the house number and said almost to himself, "yup this is the right place. Ummm... ahhh... Chloe? What exactly are you doing in my brother's house?" ...

Part Seven!!

"Your brother's house!" She almost shrieked the words but managed to catch herself just in time. "This is Cane Ashby's house."

"Uh, yeah I know. Cane Ashby also known as Jill Abbott's son." Billy eyed her as if willing her to put the pieces together on her own but then he realized that she didn't exactly know who he was after all just like Amber and so many others he had given her the alias of Liam. "Wait, wait. Let me properly introduce myself. I'm William Abbott also known as Billy or as I told you Liam. Is my brother here?" Billy stepped forward and into the house causing a still shocked Chloe to step back in retreat.

"No ummm... Cane is still at the office."

"Well in that case," Billy said a certain light entering his eyes. "How about we have a little fun - for old times sake." He stepped in to her personal space intent on dragging her in to his arms when she stuck her left hand in his face. It was hard to miss the glittering sapphire on her third finger.

"Sorry I don't do that anymore. I'm married."

"Well you never seemed like a girl who moved slow." Billy made himself comfortable on the couch before he asked, "so who's the lucky guy?"

Chloe just looked at him.

"Oh, hell no. My brother is just full of surprises. And here I thought he was still mooning over Lily."

"Yeah, well he's not. In fact we are having a baby."

Billy just looked at her for a moment. "Ahhhh... so you are the one who broke up my brother and Lily. So who's the real baby daddy because from what I have seen and heard so far, you would need a crowbar to pry those two apart." He looked at Chloe and waited for an answer. He knew her type and scamming a dude seemed like right at the top of her list of things to do.

If Chloe had been standing she probably would have fell to the floor at the shock of his question. Luckily she had already been sitting so she hoped she covered her disbelief well. "For your information it is Cane's baby. Would you like to see the DNA results?"

"Ok. Ok. It's just a little hard to believe that's all."

Chloe fidgeted and fussed. She wanted this man out of here as quickly as possible. "So ummm... Billy, how long do you plan on staying in town?"

"Staying in town? Oh, darling I'm not just visiting - I'm back."

Oh, crap she thought. "Well listen, I know this is a lot to ask of you but ummm... do you think that maybe you could keep our past liaisons from your brother? I mean I just think it would be best for all of us."

Billy chuckled. "Best for all of us or just best for you?"

Chloe didn't have a chance to answer. They both turned as they heard the door open...

Cane walked in. "Billy, good to see you again." His voice changed to one of cold civility when he continued, " I see you've met Chloe."

Billy glanced between the two, taking note of the uncomfortable chill that had entered the room. "Uh, yes I just arrived and your wife was just keeping me company until you got here. She was an unexpected surprise."

Chloe cleared her throat and with one last meaningful glance toward Billy she said, "I'll just go to my room and give you both some privacy."

Cane barely spared her a glance as she left the room. "So what brings you by?"

Billy went with the shift in gears since this is why he had come by. "Actually, I have been doing some thinking and I have decided to stay in Genoa City for good."

A classic Ashby smile spread across Cane's face. "That's great. Mum is going to be so happy that you have decided to stick around. I think she has missed having you near by."

"Well I was thinking that not only would I like to stay around here I would like to come back to Jabot. I think I could be a great value to you and the company."

Cane stood and held out his hand to his brother and said, "and I would like nothing more to welcome you aboard."

They shook and Billy thought this couldn't have gone any better...

In her room...

Chloe had her ear pressed against the door during their whole conversation and then it hit her...

Brothers! Cane and Liam or uh Billy were brothers! Chloe slid to the floor. So it wasn't some sort of devine fluky mix up at the lab. The reason that Cane matched was because Billy was the baby's father. Damn it! He could ruin everything that she had schemed so hard to get...

Part Eight!!

Chloe sat in her room lost in thought...

The shower was running and Billy - she still couldn't believe he had given her the alias of 'Liam' was getting clean after their latest romp at some hotel he had told her to meet him at. Chloe was basking in the afterglow and she was loving every minute of it. On the one hand she was a little ticked that he hadn't recognized her after all they had lived in the same house for a little while - before she had been shipped off to boarding school that is. But on the other hand it was working in her favor. She was going to land herself a big fish - one way or another...

Chloe shook herself from her thoughts. A lot had transpired over the last couple of days. It had been quite a shock to see Billy at Cane's door but she was realizing that she was one hell of an actress and she played the part well of not knowing who he really was. Yesterday she had run into Billy again at Crimson Lights and he had taken great joy in calling her his 'crazy little stalker' once again - like she knew that he was going to be there and with Amber showing up to meet him no less, boy was she a step down from what Chloe used to do for him. Once upon a time she would have known where he would be and who he would have been with...

Billy was making his way through all the files for Jabot when he got distracted by an old memory...

"Jesus Christ, Chloe! What are you doing here? Better yet how did you know how to find me?"

Chloe slithered up against him , grabbed his tie and pulled him close before she said, "I always know where you are and that's right where I want to be." She nipped at his chin with her sharp little teeth.

Billy grabbed her by her shoulders and put her at arms length. "Well that isn't creepy at all is it? Look I'm heading back to Hong Kong. I've been neglecting business and I think it's for the best."

Chloe's look turned from pouting to anger in a flash. "Are you dumping me, Liam? I thought you cared about me, the way I care about you."

"Look Chloe, it's been a slice but well... shit happens. Oh and here is a piece of advice for the next guy you decide to sink your teeth into - try not to be so stalkerish." With that Billy turned and walked away but he cringed a little when he heard her shriek:

"I am not a stalker!"

Billy shuddered as he brought himself back to the present and it was with a sickening intuition that he wondered if all of this was connected and if it was did he want to do anything about it or use it to his advantage...

It had been a ruff couple of days for Lily also. After having that intense moment in the elevator with Cane she realized that she could no longer continue with FFOJ. It had been devastating when she had walked into Cane's office and told him but in her self-sacrificing way she thought it was for the best.

It had been a tremendous blow to find out later that day that he had offered her position to Colleen and it had hurt just as much to find out that she had taken it. After thinking about it for a night she realized that being angry at Colleen was misplaced and she now directed her anger towards Cane. If only Colleen had told her what she believed was the real reason that Cane had chosen her. It might have helped with understanding and made the intense pain she was feeling now well... a lot less...

Now despite her reservations she found herself creating a profile on a dating site. Crazy as it was Colleen had convinced her to give it a try again despite what had happened with Kevin a few years ago. But she was so dejected and - and just so bombarded from all sides that she needed some sort of distraction. She was willing to try anything for just one moment to try and forget about Cane. Lily let out a long sigh. Oh, who was she kidding anyway that would be like trying to cut off her own arm... impossible...

Colleen watched her friend and the sad expression that clung to her face. She got an idea and stepped away to make a phone call...

"Hey, it's me."

"Why hello to you too, CC. What can I do for you?"

"Listen, I just wanted to thank you again for for keeping Amber occupied but I kind of have another favor to ask you."

"Well Amber is quite a handful - a pleasurable handful but I suppose I could spare a moment to do something else for you. What is it?"

"No visuals, please. Remember when I told you in New York how I thought you could maybe be the one to cheer Lily up?"

"Yes. Go on."

"Well I convinced her to sign up with an online dating site to help her get over Cane and I was wondering if you would send her a message or two to boost her self esteem."

"Seriously! You want me to go online and pose as some stranger and flirt with her? Why couldn't I just do that in person?"

"Because you're her friend and she will think you are doing it out of pity but-"

"But if I do it anonymously I'll make her feel better? I don't know CC. It's really not my style."

"Please? Her screen name is 'Fall Out Girl' think about it. I gotta go. Bye."

Billy closed his cell phone. Genoa City had a lot more going on in it than he thought...

Part Nine!!

Cane rubbed a hand over his face. Something was niggling at the back of his mind. He had only caught the last couple of words Billy had said to Chloe a couple of nights ago and he had covered it well - they didn't think he had overheard anything but he would bet his salary at Jabot that Chloe and Billy had met before that night...

Jack had finally managed to pin down Gloria. He had Ashley and Tracey's proxy and with the stock that Jeffrey and Gloria owned and the 5% she had acquired from Katherine, he was ready to make a move...

"Gloria, I think the time is right for us to start our take over of Jabot."

"No Jack. I think we should wait and take slow after all we don't want to make any mistakes."

"Why? We have enough stock thanks to you getting those shares from Katherine and I have my sister's proxy. Billy is on the inside now and I think we should do this before they begin to suspect someone."

"Let me talk it over with Jeffrey and we will get together later."

"Well make it fast. I want to make a move - now. Don't even think of trying to double cross me."

"Nonsense Jack. We are doing this together, it's what your father would have wanted. Now if you'll excuse me." Gloria got up and left the mansion.

Outside the front door she hastily reached for her cell and dialed Kevin's number, he picked up on the third ring.

"Kevin? Have you got the goods on Katherine yet? Can we prove she's lost her mind?"

"No, Mom. She seems to have all her wits about her."

"Well hurry up and find a way to prove that she is crazy - even if you have to make it up. I need that stock, I can't stall Jack for much longer." With that Gloria hung up...

Billy had just entered the GCAC for a workout when he spied Chloe on her way out. Without even a greeting he grabbed her arm and dragged her over to a discreet corner where they could talk. Something was still bothering him and he wanted some answers...

"Ow! Try not to be so ruff would you, I am carrying your niece or nephew you know." Chloe said as she rubbed her arm.

"Yeah about that, I know you told me that Cane was the father and that you have DNA proof but I need to know the truth. Who is the real father of this baby, Chloe?"

"Why, what's it to you? Are you saying that if it was yours you'd step up like your brother Cane?" Chloe held her breath as she waited for his answer, a twinge of hope that it would be the one she wanted.

Billy shifted his feet as he became uncomfortable. "Well I would make sure the bills were paid but I'm not really father material."

Chloe's tiny last bit of hope died and was replaced with an iron resolve. She had made the right choice and secured the right brother - the one that would actually take care of this child cause Lord knows she doubted she could do it on her own.

So looking Billy squarely in the eye she gave him what she thought was her best performance yet. "Well luckily you don't have to worry about that now do you? Cane is this baby's father, of that there is no doubt. So if you'll excuse me, I have an appointment that I have to get to." With that she brushed past him.

Billy watched her go. Chloe may have thought she put on a good act but Billy was even better at reading people and he knew without a doubt that she was lying but having Cane continue to think this baby was his could help Billy out in more ways than one...

Part Ten!!

Chloe sat on the exam table in the sterile exam room clutching the paper gown around her. She was startled when a very distinguished woman entered the room studying Chloe's chart.

"Hello, I'm Dr. Olivia W-"

"Ummm... yeah that's nice. Where is my doctor?"

Olivia gave her a slight smile before she continued, "he had a family emergency and had to leave for a couple of weeks. I am filling in for him while he is away. So, I have been going over your chart and -"

Chloe held up her hand and once again interrupted her. "So why wasn't I informed about this? What if something happened? I am used to my doctor, I want my doctor."

"Well there is no need to worry Ms. Mitchell, he will be back long before you need him to deliver your child. But in the mean time I was going over your chart and I noticed -"

Chloe had hopped off of the table and was gathering her clothing to get dressed. "For your information it is Mrs. Cane Ashby and I would really appreciate it if you would just forget whatever it is you think you saw in my file and I would also appreciate you remembering that doctor/patient confidentiality applies here."

Confused, Olivia tried to explain. "Of course Mrs. Ashby but I was studying your chart and the dates and measurements of your fetus don't add up. I think -" Chloe slammed the door to the bathroom. "We need to do another ultrasound to confirm..."

Ten minutes later an apologetic Cane arrived for Chloe's latest check up. Opening the door he said, "sorry I'm late. Traffic was awful." Spying only a doctor he had never seen before he continued, "I'm sorry I must have the wrong room."

"Are you Mr. Ashby?"

"Yes. Where is Chloe?"

"Mrs. Ashby has decided to reschedule when her regular physician returns."

Confused Cane replied, "oh, ok." Cane turned to go but stopped when the woman continued.

"Mr. Ashby, I do not know what your personal circumstances are here and do to doctor/patient confidentiality I can't actually say anything but may I suggest that you keep a closer eye on your wife."

"What do you mean?"

"Only that perhaps not everything is as it seems." With that Olivia left the room and Cane felt another tiny piece of the puzzle fall into place. He took off, he wanted - no he needed to find Lily...

Later...

Lily had just left the washroom at Indigo when Cane came around the corner. She was about to slip back behind the door when he spied her.

"Lily! I have been looking for you everywhere. Please can I talk to you, it's really important."

Damn it! She was supposed to be angry with him for giving Colleen her job but one look into his eyes and her anger was disolving. Would this spell that was woven between them ever be broken? Could she ever find a way to move on? Tearing her glance away from his she nodded and quietly said, "ok."

Moving to a more private corner of the hallway she asked, "what is it?"

Cane placed his hands on her arms, she stiffened but didn't pull away. Looking into her eyes he said, "Lily there are some things that have been bugging me lately, some things that no matter how hard I try just haven't been adding up."

"What do you mean, what things?" Lily asked as she searched his face, more like drank in every detail.

They were so close, just inches apart. Cane's nostrils flared as he took in her scent. They were both fighting the inevitable, so starved were they for the other. The next thing they both knew, their bodies were pressed tightly together, their hands stroking where they could reach, their mouths gliding over one anothers, their tongues exploring...

All at once it was to much, to intense and Lily pulled away. "We can't keep doing this, it doesn't solve anything - it doesn't change anything. I have to go." Lily basically bolted down the hall.

Cane tried to grab her hand to stop her and explain. "Lily, wait! Somethings not right - there is more going on here then the both of us realize -" But she had already turned the corner...

Billy leaned against the wall at the other end of the hallway. He had just witnessed one of the most intensely passionate embraces that he had ever seen and he decided then and there that Lily was the key to Cane's downfall...

Later...

After taking the hottest shower that she could stand, Lily sat down in front of her laptop and sighed. She had to keep her distance from Cane, they were still so drawn to one another that they couldn't be in the same space without wanting to consume one another. As she turned her computer on she wondered if that would ever change. She was just going to check her email before going to bed when a new message caught her eye. Opening it she read:

Fall Out Girl,

There must be a story behind your screen name because it doesn't seem to go with your profile. I bet there is a very interesting story there and I think I would like to find out what that is. Send me a message back if you find my profile interesting and perhaps we can chat...

No comments: